We are seeking an Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Counsellor to be based across Katoomba and Lithgow.
- Achieve work/life balance
- Enjoy job security with a part time ongoing position.
- 35 hours per week
- Work for a dynamic, family-friendly and inclusive organisation.
- Have additional ‘wellbeing' days off each year plus annual leave.
- Increase your take home pay with salary packaging options.
About Lives Lived Well
Our story is one of collaboration in which many people work together to help others live their lives well, free from the harm of drugs and alcohol. We're a dynamic, not-for-profit organisation with a team of almost 400 people, delivering innovative and accessible support services across Queensland and regional New South Wales.
We are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our staff by fostering a flexible, family-friendly work culture. We provide multiple wellbeing days off each year, in addition to annual leave. As an employee of a registered charity, you can increase your take home pay by salary sacrificing everyday expenses, meals and entertainment.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and energetic Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Counsellor for a part-time position (35 hours per week) that will report to the Team Leader of the AOD Services for Dianella Cottage. The position will service Lithgow and Katoomba including the surrounding areas.
The successful person will deliver provide a comprehensive range of interventions to people requiring AOD services. This includes assessment on the level of drug dependence and delivering integrated individual counselling, case management and group facilitation.
You will also:
- Provide high quality engagement, assessment, counselling and support services to clients and their families
- Work with clients to develop, implement and review individual treatment goals, which include discharge plans
- Form and develop partnerships with key stakeholders and facilitate the intake and assessment process
- Ensure continuity of care by effectively communicating within the multidisciplinary team and with other health care providers
What you will bring to the role:
- Qualifications in Alcohol and Other Drugs, Mental Health or related fields
- Experience working with individuals with AOD and mental health issues (including trauma)
- Experience and understanding of working within a harm minimisation approach.
- Experience in managing a counselling case load of multiple clients with a variety of needs and at different stages of treatment.
- Experience in group work including therapeutic and psycho-education style programs
- High level of verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills with clients and with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check
For more information about the role and to view the selection criteria please refer to the position description (link below).
We're passionate about the possibilities! If you are too.
Please apply by sending your current resume and a cover letter to the link below
For more information about the role please refer to the position description (link below) or contact Jude Sayers (Team Leader) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Australians.
Confirmation of employment will be subject to candidate's possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence, Working with Children Check and completed Australian Criminal History Check.