- Take your skills to the forefront of an innovative not-for-profit organisation
- Provide crucial leadership and mentoring for a group of Counsellors in a rewarding role
- Enjoy benefits including salary packaging in addition to your competitive salary
- Receive additional Wellbeing days
Our story is one of collaboration in which many people work together to help others live their lives well, free from the harm of drugs and alcohol. We're a dynamic, not-for-profit organisation with a team of almost 400 people, delivering innovative and accessible support services across Queensland and regional New South Wales.
You're empathetic, caring and kind. You understand us. You have a strong knowledge of our long-term goals, values, activities and work practices. You're an experienced Team Leader and can provide clinical and operational management for a multi-disciplinary team working in either the Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) and Mental Health industries.
About the role
In this full time ongoing position, you will provide clinical and operational management for both the Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Services teams in Caboolture and Sunshine Coast. The role will also support the delivery of individual and group therapeutic interventions to assist people with problematic substance use and relapse prevention. You will be required to travel regularly between the Caboolture and Maroochydore offices.
You will love this opportunity as you:
- Lead the provision of high quality engagement, assessment, counselling, case management and support services to clients and their families.
- Lead the clinical review of individual treatment plans, collaborating with the relevant Programs team and external service providers where necessary.
- Manage a small independent case load, providing counselling and case management to clients with complex needs including dual diagnosis.
- Provide expert AOD practice advice and secondary consultation to AOD Counsellor Case Managers and other support staff.
What you will bring to the role
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or allied health (or similar field)
- Strong experience providing leadership and mentoring to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Significant experience working with clients with complex needs, AOD dependencies and/or mental health
- Extensive knowledge in contemporary evidence based AOD counselling practice, case management and intake and assessment
- Experience in developing and facilitating evidence based clinical education programs
- Excellent stakeholder consultation skills
- Ability to collate key documentation to support staff supervision and manage key reporting requirements
- Membership with Australian Association of Social Workers (desirable)
- Local area knowledge of Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast regions (desirable)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Blue Card (or able to apply)
What is on offer
We at Lives Lived Well are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our staff by fostering a flexible, family-friendly work culture. We provide wellbeing days off each year, in addition to your annual leave. As an employee of a registered charity, you can increase your take home pay by salary sacrificing up to $18,540 (pro rata) towards everyday expenses, meals and entertainment.
We're passionate about the possibilities! If you are too…
For more information about the role, including the position description, please visit our website liveslivedwellcareers.org.au/Vacancies
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.
Confirmation of employment will be subject to candidate's possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence, Blue Card and completed Australian Criminal History Check.