Mental Health Clinician - Gold Coast
Want an opportunity launching a new team on the Gold Coast?
We are seeking a Full-Time Mental Health Clinician for our new service
- Support the youth in a great location
- Have additional ‘wellbeing' days off including a day off for your birthday
- Increase your take home pay with salary packaging.
About the Role
At Lives Lived Well, we are looking for a passionate and energetic Mental Health Clinician with experience in complex trauma. The Mental Health Clinician will contribute to the planning and development of trauma informed services for young people and their families which are consistent with best practice standards.
In this full-time ongoing position, you will:
- Manage a clinical caseload of young people with severe and complex mental health issues
- Provide mental health assessments that include trauma informed risk assessments and treatment plans
- Participate in intake of new referrals to the service
- Provide high quality trauma informed therapeutic interventions to young people
The successful candidate will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in either Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing.
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or Eligibility for membership with Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Demonstrated experience in mental health care that includes completion of mental health assessments, trauma informed therapeutic interventions and family work
- A high level of communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to actively engage and work collaboratively with young people and their families/carers/kin.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of severe and complex mental health presentations, particularly related to complex trauma.
- Hold a Working with Children Check (e.g. Blue Card)
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
About Lives Lived Well (LLW)
Our story is one of collaboration in which many people work together to help others live their lives well, free from the harm of drugs and alcohol. We're a dynamic, not-for-profit organisation with a team of almost 400 people, delivering innovative and accessible support services across Queensland and regional New South Wales.
We are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our staff by fostering a flexible, family-friendly work culture. We provide multiple wellbeing days off each year, in addition to annual leave. As an employee of a registered charity, you can increase your take home pay by salary sacrificing up to $18,540 (per annum) towards everyday expenses, meals and entertainment.
Are you interested?
If so, we want you to apply by sending your current resume and a cover letter to the link below through to our careers website.
If you want to get more information on this great role, please email email@example.com
Confirmation of employment will be subject to candidate's possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence, Blue Card, Membership Registration and completed National Police History Check.
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Australians.