Re-entry Support Officer/ Case Manager - Custodial Services
- Part-time, ongoing opportunity supporting clients
- We focus on our Employees' self-care - additional 5 extra days off per year
- To boost your take home pay, you access $18,540 salary packaging
Our story is one of collaboration in which many people work together to help others live their lives well, free from the harm of drugs and alcohol. We're a dynamic, not-for-profit organisation with a team of almost 400 people, delivering innovative and accessible support services across Queensland and regional New South Wales.
You're empathetic, caring and kind. You understand us. You have a strong knowledge of our long-term goals, values, activities and work practices. You're a Case Manager working closely in the Correctional Services industry. You can demonstrate an understanding of assisting people re-connecting with the community, post release, and help them with their journey.
About the role
In this part time ongoing position, working 5 days per fortnight (38 hours) you will work with clients both within correctional centres and in the community post-release. You will assist them in connecting with support services by conducting reintegration assessments and develop individual reintegration plans which include housing, employment, emotional health, and wellbeing.
You will love this opportunity as you:
- Engage with service providers to facilitate access to and participation in activities
- Coordinate with service providers post-release to ensure smooth transitions
- Respond to crisis support needs through initial response and appropriate referral
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience in assessment, case coordination and case management with vulnerable people from diverse backgrounds
- Qualifications in either mental health or social work (or similar field)
- Experience working with prisoners in a correctional centre environment
- Highly developed consultation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to prioritise clinical and administrative duties, including the planning and organisation of a complex caseload
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting prisoners (highly desirable)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Be able to get a Queensland Correctional Service Clearance
What is on offer
We at Lives Lived Well are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our staff by fostering a flexible, family-friendly work culture. We provide wellbeing days off each year, in addition to your annual leave. As an employee of a registered charity, you can increase your take home pay by salary sacrificing everyday expenses, meals and entertainment.
We're passionate about the possibilities! If you are too...
Click Apply and submit your application on our LLW Careers Page. For more information about the role please email email@example.com
Confirmation of employment will be subject to candidate's possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence, completed Australian Criminal History Check, Queensland Correctional Service Clearance.
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.